Saturday, December 12, 2009

The University of San Carlos

My work in Guatemala is at the only public university in the country, The University of San Carlos. The university was founded in 1676. The Language Center where I work (Centro de Aprendizaje de Lenguas de la Universidad de San Carlos, CALUSAC) teaches 14 different languages. English is the language with the larget numbers of students enrolled. The campus is beautiful! Here are a few photos from around campus.

The Ceiba tree is the national tree in Guatemala. This is one of my favorite Ceiba trees that is on campus near the library.


The library and the Ceiba tree.

This is the back side of the main university administration building.


The front side of the administration building with a carved Mayan stone.


The CALUSAC building.


Inside the CALUSAC building.

This is one of my favorite photos. I found a pile of desks in one of the new buildings on campus. Isn't is great?

No comments:

Post a Comment